The day's projects were completed and I am tired-but happy.
I wanted to:
- clean out the winter mess under the roof leading to the back door...done!
- organize the garden stuff I still use...done!
- put pallets down to hold boxes for a Memorial Day Weekend yard sale...done!
- rake the section of the drive to the pole barn...done!
- all the invasive plants/weeds mixed in with my unfortunate, neglected raspberries, pulled 'and banished from my garden...forevermore! (I do not know what this weed is...I have a photo...if you have seen this plant and know its name...please...by all means inform me! It has a mass of underground runners that go forth from what I call the 'mother' plant and it proceeds to take over the entire area and choke out every good thing you may want there. One little plug of it can eventually 'own' the place it decides to dwell in.) Not nice. Not nice indeed!
|What is this stuff???|
Tomorrow, when there is a lull in the predicted rain that is coming in, I will finish up mulching the raspberries and be very satisfied. There are so many things on my to-do list...and that was a big one, having been neglected these past two years. Unfortunately, there are spots where the berry canes have either been choked or simply died. I will have to transplant some of the volunteer shoots coming up.
Spring is a time for work after a long winter's rest and work is what is going on here! We have our share. The weedy flower beds are getting cleaned out and will soon be ready to transplant. I haven't figured out the flower placement yet, but am contemplating all the time. It will come together. I am doing my best to eradicate my useless lawn and replace it with food.
Lydia asked me how much of the elephant we bit off today! :) I think she may be getting it. Maybe.
I overheard the conversation between her and her friend as they were pulling that horrid weed in the raspberries...saying, of all things, that they were enjoying themselves!!!
I said not a word. Mama's have to know when to let satisfaction occur internally and not ruin it with a comment!!! Have all the fun you want girls! I will not try to stop you!!
I am looking forward to rain coming in though, I started transplanting our pepper and tomato seedlings that finally grew their true leaves and will continue that task when I'm stuck indoors. Depending on the weather, I have a lot of sewing to do. I want to make a pair of summer bloomers to wear under my skirt and I have aprons to make. I also have to perfect the covering/cap I am working on. The instructions are vague and I have made 3 already and still am not satisfied with the results. There are ladies waiting for a completed pattern and I will post it when finished, hopefully we will be blessed with enough rain that will allow me time to work on it this spring/summer.
Mosquitoes and ticks are out now. Every day one of us finds a wood tick on us. Thank the Lord there are no deer ticks so far! Ticks are gross and make me cringe! Ew!
KatyJoy still has NOT had her kid/kids!!! Here she was a week ago...large as anything...showing signs, but nothing! The baby/babies are on the passenger side (bottom of the photo). Poor Mama...heavy for sure!
And that is a little bit of what is going on here at the Home-Sweet. There is always something to share, always something new and exciting!
Proverbs 13:4 - 'The soul of the sluggard desires, and has nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.'
I am so thankful for the accomplishments of the day! God be praised that three of my children, my daughter -in-love to be and I, along with Lydia's friend had good fellowship and productivity, a sunny day and happy laughter. A true blessing indeed. I love my children and am thankful that the Lord is healing them and will bring those who don't yet know Him into the fold when He sees fit. I trust Him and His perfect timing. 'For I know in Whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is faithful, to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day.' 2 Timothy 1:12