Thursday, April 3, 2014

And All My Plans Went POOF...

Well, I had planned to come on here today and share my "Creative Corner", my "Command Central", my "Base of Operations"...I was going to hang my shelf and crochet and show my plastic canvas Cath Kidston inspired hangy-thing...I was going to decorate and photograph and share colors and handiwork and inspirations...stuff I'm doing in the Home-Sweet...

and then...

...sick goats, meetings with people, trying to study veterinarian medicine, company, a trip to Tractor Supply for medicine, random purchases of 18 chicks, a goat living in my dining room again and finally at 10:55 pm I am finally sitting down with my cup of tea to relax a bit before bed.

My days don't always work out the way I hope, and some of my days are full of busy-ness I did not plan . Still, throughout the day I ask the Lord what exactly I should  learn from each task. I try to be ever mindful that it's not about here. That God is trying to work in me the nature of His Son, Jesus Christ. And so I surrender. I'm not saying it's always easy to lay down what I want, but I surrender.

I did learn today that God gives wisdom. I have seen it many times over the years. James 1:5 tells us that if we lack wisdom, we should ask God who gives it to us liberally, and without reproach. It's about acknowledging our lack. There are many times I don't know what I'm doing (more times than not)! I humbly ask my Heavenly Father for wisdom and He always leads me to the answer. I am never disappointed when my hope is in the Lord! This gives me much confidence for life's issues as they come and it teaches me not to be afraid when things get hard, God's answers are always the right ones.

And so, I have spent the day learning to put my trust in the Lord once again. To lay down my life and my will and let His take precedence. Others Lord others, let this my motto be...

So, I will sit here and type and hold a little doe while she tries to feel better and pray for wisdom...and hopefully become more like Jesus!

I pray your plans become His and you gain wisdom from above, from God Almighty, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen


No comments: