Monday, January 11, 2016

Ponderings



The month of January, for me, has always set me to thought. A brand new year with new opportunities. A clean slate. Times of refreshing and new beginnings.

The shorter winter days mean more indoor time for me. There is more time for indoor projects. Garden thoughts begin to stir. Thoughts of how to make better things happen with our livestock and birds.

I have set some goals for myself. Goals that will lead me in a new direction. I am happy for that.


I have set my new goals with you in mind. I am thankful for those of you who take the time to read my posts. I would like the time you come to visit to focus more on you and not so much on me anymore. I would like to offer some things to help you bring more focus on your home and the atmosphere you create, whether you are at home alone or in a house filled with people.


I would like to share some creative home-making projects. Inspiring you in filling your home with thoughtful things to bless those who live there or come for a visit or those whom the Lord impresses upon your heart to bless.


Making home doesn't take a lot of money, nor does it take fanciful items. Making home takes love, and out of that love can come a home where others can bask in the presence of the Lord Jesus, who right now has gone to make a home for us, that we may be where He is.


Let us follow the path of our Creator, and fill our homes with love, because love never fails.

My prayer is that we would spend time at the feet of our Dear Savior and learn how He would have us reflect His love in the home He has blessed us with, be it ever so humble.


No comments: